Chase pieces in each KS campaign

Do you have a question or a suggestion about how to best utilize Dwarven Forge's products? Please post it here.
GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Chase pieces in each KS campaign

Post by GODofwar » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:26 pm

ebrandeis wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:54 pm
Yeah, good point. There's a difference between chase pieces (must spend $XXX to get even a single one, sometimes literally a single one) and limited edition pieces that may only be available for a short time, but are plentiful and easy to get.

Some of my examples were more the latter than the former and I agree that Jade and Marble aren't chase pieces, but simply LE.
Eden, I agree. But the diff between 'chase' pieces and LE is in time scale. Right after issue, chase pieces are as hot as LE. As time goes on the LE gain value.

I was tossing my umty ump DwF boxes, long stored in my attic, caused by Youngest Offspring arguing on his mother's side that keeping the boxes made sense if I really was ever going to sell my DwF...but I would never do it. And, he added, neither would he and his brother when they inherit it (Eldest Offspring chimes in from background, "I get first pick because I'm eldest...").

As I carefully checked each box, I found IIRC three pieces that had not been removed from the styro, and FIVE Limited Edition certificates.

URK!

Now all carefully stored.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except KS5
WeaselWarGod

ebrandeis
Orc
Orc

Post by ebrandeis » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:54 pm

Yeah, good point. There's a difference between chase pieces (must spend $XXX to get even a single one, sometimes literally a single one) and limited edition pieces that may only be available for a short time, but are plentiful and easy to get.

Some of my examples were more the latter than the former and I agree that Jade and Marble aren't chase pieces, but simply LE.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:06 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:30 pm

KS5: Jade Anything, Marble Anything (Chase pieces were engineered to be capstones and these...)
I do not agree the Jade and Marble are chase pieces with the actual capstone pieces from encounters sitting right out there. There are a lot of capstone pieces that require(or probably will require) a purchase of hundreds of dollars to get ahold of.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

ebrandeis
Orc
Orc

Post by ebrandeis » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:08 pm

Also, I believe that KS2 Lava Rivers and Lava Caverns were declared to be LE (like Jade and Marble), but have been in-stock ever since, so not sure how to classify those. Ice Caverns were the same I think...

ebrandeis
Orc
Orc

Post by ebrandeis » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:06 pm

I think that you could add KS2 free-standing walls to the list. They are incredibly useful (narrow rivers!) and somewhat hard to come by.

Rabbit Burner
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:34 pm

Not convinced you could classify the two headed croc as a chase piece as it was not available as a specific item - it was in the grab bag which did not have its contents specified.
I am the Game and I want to Play

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Chase pieces in each KS campaign

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:30 pm

What do you feel the chase pieces were in each Kickstarter campaign? (ie: Unique pieces that you always needed more of, or are in high demand due to limited supply)

Here are my thoughts:

KS1: Freestanding Walls, CoS Pool
KS2: Wedge Pieces
KS3: Abbey Walls, Two-Headed Croc
KS4: Curved Elevation Half Block, Thrones
KS5: Jade Anything, Marble Anything (Chase pieces were engineered to be capstones and these...)
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned