Dwarven Forge Exact Scale

Do you have a question or a suggestion about how to best utilize Dwarven Forge's products? Please post it here.
HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Dwarven Forge Exact Scale

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:40 am

I've found out the alley intersection set also suffers of a missing 2mm on each side.
Put them side to side and in front of imperial street tile to see the final difference.

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:11 pm

I have found that I can usually make it work despite the mismatches, but you may want to ask the forumites to show a lay-out if you plan to intermix the two sizes.

I recently bought the Erinthor Mountains (sized to match the City /Castle sizes) and the Water Cavern (sized to match the Dungeon Tiles). Interestingly enough, I was able to make the water tiles work well with the mountain tiles, but when I checked to see how those the water tiles would serve as a moat around my castle, the mismatch was far more noticeable. The difference was the length of water the feature in the two examples.

Somewhat intuitively, it is relatively easy to make the Dungeon size pieces fit in interior openings formed by the City sized tiles. The reverse, trying to fit City tiles into openings in Dungeon size lay-outs is more of a challenge.

Here are some pictures of various resin tiles used in a City lay-out. I spaced the resin tiles a bit so that they filled in most of the cavity. https://www.flickr.com/photos/9975128@N ... 365821799/
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:33 pm

Shin Okada wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:24 pm
Measuring some of my Dwarven Forge tiles, it seems that each squares of DF tiles are more like 25mm than to be 1-inch (25.4mm). Is it as intended to be?
Yes you measured correctly.Most of the resin sets are closer to 25 mm. The rest of the floor tiles from the cavern KS 1,2 and 5 match the floor plan so they are 25 mm. The city builder streets and sewers are 25.4 mm. They are larger and there can be alignment problems. Te difference is small but can add up.The height of the walls is very close to the same but can be different due to stretching or shrinking, Some are resin others are PVC. They are scaled for 25 to 32 mm figures but work with Reaper figures as well.

The difference is small but can add up

1/4 inch over 3 feet

the old tiles are 50 mm by 50 mm not 50.8 MM by 50.8 mm
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:38 pm

Welcome to the forums Shin!
Stefan has said that he made it to be 1" and compatible with 25mm figures. So, yes, the one inch grid is correct.

Shin Okada

Dwarven Forge Exact Scale

Post by Shin Okada » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:24 pm

Measuring some of my Dwarven Forge tiles, it seems that each squares of DF tiles are more like 25mm than to be 1-inch (25.4mm). Is it as intended to be?