Dwarven Forge Exact Scale

Do you have a question or a suggestion about how to best utilize Dwarven Forge's products? Please post it here.
Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc

Re: Dwarven Forge Exact Scale

Post by Blue Prophet » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:28 pm

At least the scale difference is not as extreme as KS1 vs CBS. But I had not checked the new alley pieces against the old ones as none is painted right now. Very disappointed. There is also the issue of the CBS arch wall insert from KS4 that is too small. I thought that they had figured out all the sizing issues.

When making new items to be compatible with older sets, like new CBS or new Castle stuff, size is very important. DF needs to figure out what has happened in these cases to prevent it in the future.

Maybe it is a materials thing or weather thing or change of process thing or just China messing with us. I've observed that you have to stay on them like a hawk. Make sure you double and triple check every step to make sure the product is what you want.

ForestZ
Orc
Orc

Post by ForestZ » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:41 pm

Wow...that alley set is disappointing. I thought they had that method and size nailed down. Makes me reconsider ordering it now.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:43 am

dice4hire wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:05 am
pacarat wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:35 am
Wow, that mismatch on the alleys is really disappointing. How hard can it be to match existing dimensions? Where's the QC?
I am starting to wonder if DF is not getting stretched a bit too much. With alleys and the 3/4 floor section, where and when was the error? Design, prototyping, production? If the last then it is all on the factory.
Mark one eyeball Vs actual measurements.
Miscommunication calling 25 mm an inch is an example.
Different expectations
I think there is plenty of blame to spread around. I think DF has decided to use the old measurements and move on.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:05 am

pacarat wrote:
Wow, that mismatch on the alleys is really disappointing. How hard can it be to match existing dimensions? Where's the QC?
I am starting to wonder if DF is not getting stretched a bit too much. With alleys and the 3/4 floor section, where and when was the error? Design, prototyping, production? If the last then it is all on the factory.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:56 am

pacarat wrote:
That was my view when City builder did not match the tile measurements of the previous sets.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:45 am

dice4hire wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:55 am
I just got the alley intersection pack. It is really too small? Well, that really is gonna be a pain, considering it is part of the streets set.
It will be less of a problem for me because of the way I use them. I suspect the short alley tile will be desirable to some and less to others.

I have found I have more issue with length.

pacarat
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pacarat » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:35 am

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:46 am

HeroQuestFrance wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:40 am
I've found out the alley intersection set also suffers of a missing 2mm on each side.
Put them side to side and in front of imperial street tile to see the final difference.
I had not noticed that.I will order another set. I use the alleys for street sections for black Plague.It may reduce one problem yet create another.

I have not used my new + intersection yet.The new set will flat out solve this problem. I never thought I would have a use for so many dead end tiles.

HeroQuestFrance Photos Illustrate the difference well

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:26 am

With some images with the different pieces to show you the problem :

It seems the grey borders of the street had to be larger of those 2 missing mm to fit with the other pieces ...

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:55 am

I just got the alley intersection pack. It is really too small? Well, that really is gonna be a pain, considering it is part of the streets set.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria