SALE OF DWF: DO BOXES MATTER?

Do you have a question or a suggestion about how to best utilize Dwarven Forge's products? Please post it here.
GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: SALE OF DWF: DO BOXES MATTER?

Post by GODofwar » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:40 pm

lostpict wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:01 pm
Resin - I have bought resin stuff in the original boxes and loose. I did not pay more for boxed versus loose items. At this point, I dump the boxes for the resin stuff unless it is a very useful box for storage. I found the unloading and repacking of the resin stuff was an impediment to using it. Mine is all in plastic tubs and available for quick use. I am sure that some people put value on the the fitted sytrofoam & boxes, but not me.

Dwarvenite - I have also sold recently sold 5 loose sets of DF KS1 Game Tiles. Two of the buyers asked about boxes. I advised them that I did not have them and that they are not particularly suitable for storage. I do not think it affected the sale and I did not price them differently than I would if they were sealed in a box. I have kept some of the product packaging for a few of the LED pieces, but generally the plastic bags and the shipping boxes hit the bin as quick as I can unpack the loot.
Thank you, Lostpict

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Re: SALE OF DWF: DO BOXES MATTER?

Post by lostpict » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:01 pm

Resin - I have bought resin stuff in the original boxes and loose. I did not pay more for boxed versus loose items. At this point, I dump the boxes for the resin stuff unless it is a very useful box for storage. I found the unloading and repacking of the resin stuff was an impediment to using it. Mine is all in plastic tubs and available for quick use. I am sure that some people put value on the the fitted sytrofoam & boxes, but not me.

Dwarvenite - I have also sold recently sold 5 loose sets of DF KS1 Game Tiles. Two of the buyers asked about boxes. I advised them that I did not have them and that they are not particularly suitable for storage. I do not think it affected the sale and I did not price them differently than I would if they were sealed in a box. I have kept some of the product packaging for a few of the LED pieces, but generally the plastic bags and the shipping boxes hit the bin as quick as I can unpack the loot.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

SALE OF DWF: DO BOXES MATTER?

Post by GODofwar » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:35 pm

Sorry, I'm not selling my DwF...but my wife wants to get rid of the very large number of (mostly resin) DwF boxes I have. I probably don't care b/c I doubt I'll sell, and my kids are already arguing about who gets the DwF when I kick the bucket...but I would like to know if anyone can quantize the effect on prive of having an original box along with all the pieces.

Please mention resin and DwF tiles separately.
\
The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod