Storage of Dwarvenite

Do you have a question or a suggestion about how to best utilize Dwarven Forge's products? Please post it here.
AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Storage of Dwarvenite

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:08 am

The black boxes hold my plastic minis (WOTC, Paizo, and Bones) not my dwarvenite. They are thin cardboard and from IKEA and are holding up pretty well; they have been used for the past 2 years. It is slightly frustrating that they don't fit correctly (they are too snug with lids) as both the shelving and the boxes are IKEA.
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:58 am

Really Useful Boxes for the win.
Last edited by Harneloot on Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:08 am

It appears to be getting there Zach.
The black boxes on the right look better than the USPS parcel boxes. I have some of those (in white) for different items other than DF, like CDs and office supplies. Do you have these full and are they holding up well when you pick them up? The ones I have are smaller, but seem sturdy enough for CD's. I need to find something for some of my dwarvenite city stuff.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:01 am

kitenerd wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:33 am
That being said if you have the gorgeous glass fronted cabinet - you need to use it to store your ROTA entrance and your Hellscape Gate and your Ogre's Den - make it a shrine to your toys - set up a diorama...
Those are stored in the IKEA Alex units; sadly the purpose is for storage and not display, and I can get more usable space for more toys if I store things a certain way. :) Basically resin in Alex units, dwarvenite in Hemnes bookshelves. (I need a 3rd one)

I've admitted defeat to trying to find a non-plastic bin that is economical, practical, and looks good for the dwarvenite. All of the boxes I found that look good don't have a flat bottom or don't stack (or are too pricey). I'm using a mix of Container Store boxes and Sterilite bins. (I'm in the process of sorting everything, so sorry about the lids half on and mismatched bins.
20170221_235628.jpg
20170221_235628.jpg (55.5 KiB) Viewed 3394 times

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:04 pm

Anyone in the Western Washington area (who is richer than I) looking for a nice piece for furniture for storage should check this out. A very cool old Map Case from the U.S. Forest Service.

https://bellingham.craigslist.org/atq/6014105036.html
00n0n_bTmnGbjhQSg_600x450.jpg
00n0n_bTmnGbjhQSg_600x450.jpg (20.43 KiB) Viewed 3412 times
Sure wish I was a little more flush with cash. :mrgreen:

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:33 am

I used a mixture of cheap sterlite boxes - but for CBS these cannot be beat:

http://dwarvenforge.com/forum/viewtopic ... age#p96661

Sterlite 1962 holds exactly 8 full roofs

The 8.5 x 11 Sterlite tub (1963) ends up 11x14 - i use these for all my caverns with boxes for each type of tile

For dungeons i use the IRIS 14x14 scrapbook cases (which wont fit in your cabinet - i use these cause they hold so many tiles - i have a lot more dungeons

That being said if you have the gorgeous glass fronted cabinet - you need to use it to store your ROTA entrance and your Hellscape Gate and your Ogre's Den - make it a shrine to your toys - set up a diorama...
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:08 am

Ooh, I might try the Container Store. Never knew we had one. Thanks for that tip! Still need to know of products people use, but at least I have a place to maybe purchase something now.

I want something durable as Dwarvenite is heavy. IKEA doesn't have anything like what I want except in thin cardboard. (I use their boxes for my minis) Too easy to have the bottom rip out.

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:25 am

Have you looked at the Container Store in Salt Lake? We have a few in the Seattle area.
I bet you could find a solution there if not in see thru plastic, definitely cardboard with labels.
Maybe something like 3 layers of 16"x11"x3" containers (6 per shelf), or something close to that.

https://www.containerstore.com/location ... ?store=SLC

Or the Pacaking Specialties out of Burley, ID?

http://www.mfgday.com/events/2014/packa ... s-of-idaho

Do a google search. There's also IKEA.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Storage of Dwarvenite

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:10 am

So I have some IKEA Hemnes bookshelves and I've been thinking of how to store my dwarvenite in them. Currently the pieces are in cardboard boxes and it looks terrible and doesn't fit correctly.

I've been thinking of Really Useful Products and their plastic bins. I know some of you use them, but I also know they are expensive.

Question 1: Is there a similar product that works just as well?
Question 2: If there is not a similar product that works just as well, which boxes should I choose to hold my KS1-4 (and likely 5) pieces in regards to space?

Each shelf is 32" long, 12" wide, and 10" tall. No outside box dimensions can be more than that. Truthfully, the 12" is super tight and I'd prefer it to be 11"-ish to make sure the door closes.
Storage.jpg
Storage.jpg (52.55 KiB) Viewed 3041 times