Flat File Storage of Dwarven Forge 1000th Post

Do you have a question or a suggestion about how to best utilize Dwarven Forge's products? Please post it here.
lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Flat File Storage of Dwarven Forge 1000th Post

Post by lostpict » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:04 pm

That's cool too. I am slowly furnishing a 1920s Cthulhuesque / Sherlockian Storytellers Study as half of my gaming studio. These will also serve as the museum specimen cabinets.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:52 pm

lostpict wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:55 pm
Yeah, woulda, coulda, shoulda. :lol: At the time, I was more focused on how to keep bread on the table. They are the perfect storage solution for DF and minis. They probably ended up in some other start-ups hands.

Someday, I will find some pretty wooden ones for my game studio.
Meh, I use the old metal military ones...some of them used to be my S2 section map cases. Good memories+free is a fine combo.
TLW
WeaselWarGod

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:55 pm

Yeah, woulda, coulda, shoulda. :lol: At the time, I was more focused on how to keep bread on the table. They are the perfect storage solution for DF and minis. They probably ended up in some other start-ups hands.

Someday, I will find some pretty wooden ones for my game studio.
Regards,

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:23 pm

lostpict wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:14 am
I worked for a start-up that gobbled up the office furniture of another failing start-up including 3 flat files for $75 each. My company never used them and I wanted to buy them, but the company would not sell them to me. When that start-up sank below the waves, they owed me $25K and offered the three flat files in recompense. Pride before brains, I turned them down. So today I have no flat-files and an IOU for $25K from a bankrupt, incorporeal company. :(

I have been searching ever since.
NOw THAT is a story...yeah, you shoulda took 'em. Just being able to tell people you spent $8500 each for three flat files for your precioussss DwF would be worth it....if you weren't getting the $25k anyway!!

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except KS 5
WeaselWarGod

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:14 am

I worked for a start-up that gobbled up the office furniture of another failing start-up including 3 flat files for $75 each. My company never used them and I wanted to buy them, but the company would not sell them to me. When that start-up sank below the waves, they owed me $25K and offered the three flat files in recompense. Pride before brains, I turned them down. So today I have no flat-files and an IOU for $25K from a bankrupt, incorporeal company. :(

I have been searching ever since.
Regards,

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:13 am

William wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:00 pm
GODofwar wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:30 pm
I have 15 of what Willima calls 'plan file' cases. The Army calls them 'map cases'. Guess what...my unit threw three away (this was in about 1997). I got permission to haul them away free...
Back when the company I worked for stopped blueprinting our own hand drawings and switched to computer drafting and printing they released a dozen or more of these Flat Files. At the time I didn't know they were such perfect storage for my Master Maze pieces I turned them down when they asked if I wanted some. Dang I wish I had taken them up on it back then, it would have saved me over $650 and had more of them to boot. I did finally get my other two map cases up and I have room to spare once I put my City and Castle pieces in them. Since I need to pass on DOD, I'll have room in them for a few years. Now I need to organize it all a bit better for easier use.

By the way "Chief Weasel" my name is not "Willima"!!! :lol: I know it was a typo, just messin' witch ya.
Hope I see you in a few weeks... :D

P.S. I sent an Email directly to "her" (she sent it in PM awhile back) and I'm just waiting to hear back.
OMG, I thought you were a girl, Willima...I mean William.

Great! Hope this works out.

Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except maybe KS5
WeaselWarGod

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:00 pm

GODofwar wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:30 pm
I have 15 of what Willima calls 'plan file' cases. The Army calls them 'map cases'. Guess what...my unit threw three away (this was in about 1997). I got permission to haul them away free...
Back when the company I worked for stopped blueprinting our own hand drawings and switched to computer drafting and printing they released a dozen or more of these Flat Files. At the time I didn't know they were such perfect storage for my Master Maze pieces I turned them down when they asked if I wanted some. Dang I wish I had taken them up on it back then, it would have saved me over $650 and had more of them to boot. I did finally get my other two map cases up and I have room to spare once I put my City and Castle pieces in them. Since I need to pass on DOD, I'll have room in them for a few years. Now I need to organize it all a bit better for easier use.

By the way "Chief Weasel" my name is not "Willima"!!! :lol: I know it was a typo, just messin' witch ya.
Hope I see you in a few weeks... :D

P.S. I sent an Email directly to "her" (she sent it in PM awhile back) and I'm just waiting to hear back.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:30 pm

Runeweaver wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:07 pm
My neighbor has the same set of drawers, but made in wood. I already have my storage solution or I would head done the same road u did. BTW, you can scan government auction sites to find these "map drawers" at very affordable prices. $300 is a very good price. Census Bureau and BLM are good sites to find these.

Well done, William! And congrats on the 1000.

Totus KS Delenda Sunt...except may KS5
WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Tue May 23, 2017 5:27 pm

William wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 11:55 pm
It's an older picture, since then I filled a drawer with just floors. Five floor tiles deep, because the drawers are just over two inches to the bottom of the drawers above.
I was trying to relay that info in the other thread, guess I missed the mark. ;)
If there's no sag, william, that's great news. My drawers are about 36" deep by 46" wide. Yours don't sag, mine shouldn't either. I have 15 drawers and expect to clear at least five. I don't prefer to put anything but mass pieces in the drawers - all the Dungeon walls, for example, and the Cavern walls. Fiddly bits like doors I prefer in smaller containers (original DwF packing boxes) in my building wall.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon May 22, 2017 11:55 pm

It's an older picture, since then I filled a drawer with just floors. Five floor tiles deep, because the drawers are just over two inches to the bottom of the drawers above.
I was trying to relay that info in the other thread, guess I missed the mark. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )