advice on regluing felt

Do you have a question or a suggestion about how to best utilize Dwarven Forge's products? Please post it here.
AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: advice on regluing felt

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:07 am

I have used spray adhesive but if the pieces aren't laid felt side down for storage I find they peel off again (though they are still sticky and you can press the felt back on).

So if you store pieces any way other than felt side down I would suggest a glue of some sort.
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Re: advice on regluing felt

Post by Saxon1974 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:25 am

Got a used set of resin and the felt has come off all the pieces. I have 3m spray adhesive, gorilla glue and gorilla epoxy. Recommendations on which will work best?

dartagnan4
Goblin
Goblin

Re:advice on regluing felt

Post by dartagnan4 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:17 pm

Had this problem about a year ago:

Hobby Lobby

The link is to something called Stick and Peel Felt. It comes in a number of colors and is $1.17 per sheet. Each sheet is 9" by 12" If you use a hobby knife they easily cut to Dwarven Forge base size

Fu-Man Chu
Orc
Orc

Post by Fu-Man Chu » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:53 pm

I hadn't had the felt come off of my DF until recently when I went to use my RoTA sets, and noticed that almost all of them had come off.

Not sure what it was about that set as opposed to all my other ones. But it's very strange. I'll look into trying out the Mod Podge you suggested.

superflytnt
Goblin
Goblin

Post by superflytnt » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:21 pm

I had the EXACT same problem. None of my felt was completely gone, but it was peeled back. It all stems back to the foam inserts in the boxes being too snug and tearing off the felt.

So, my 12 year old and I got down with some Modge Podge Matte and a brush, and some D-Cell batteries.

Paint it on the affected area, move the felt over it to bond, and then lay the repaired piece on some wax paper. Then, for the small pieces, lay a D-Cell battery on top for weight.

Fixed all mine up to the factory spec in no time.

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Thu May 09, 2013 8:06 pm

If the felt is completely off, you might use a spray adhesive. Put the felt fuzzy-side-down on some newspaper to apply. Allows you to put an even thin coat on the felt.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

nielsene
Orc
Orc

advice on regluing felt

Post by nielsene » Thu May 09, 2013 7:52 pm

I recently bought two used sets whose felt has come unglued. Otherwise in great shape.

Are there better or worse glues for regluing? I would guess thicker less absorbing are better to avoid soaking through the felt.