advice on regluing felt

Do you have a question or a suggestion about how to best utilize Dwarven Forge's products? Please post it here.
Runeweaver
Ogre
Ogre

Re: advice on regluing felt

Post by Runeweaver » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:30 pm

I've never had an issue. Don't think I've had to reapply glue. And the glue stick is just crazy easy.

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:53 pm

Glue stix dry out (on the glued item) fairly quickly.
I've been using plain Elmer's white glue to do this for years.

Apply Elmer's in a zig-zag.
Avoid the edges by an appropriate amount (depends on the size of the piece)

Place felt lightly on bottom of piece.
Put piece on an appropriately sized piece of plywood.
Move piece enough to center the felt.
Leave overnight.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS delenda sunt
WeaselWarGod

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:44 pm

Runeweaver wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:18 am
No problem. Glad it worked for you. I usually glue them and then set them down for 24 hours, felt side down to make sure that they are flat and will adhere nicely.
Yes I did the same. So far so good.

Runeweaver
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Runeweaver » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:18 am

No problem. Glad it worked for you. I usually glue them and then set them down for 24 hours, felt side down to make sure that they are flat and will adhere nicely.

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:56 am

Well the Elmer's roll on glue sticks seem to work well and are super easy to use. Thanks Runeweaver!

Haven't used them yet but I reglued an entire set and they seem to adhere just fine.

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:26 am

Runeweaver wrote:
Saxon1974 wrote:
Runeweaver wrote:The best that I have found is just roll on paste. Yes, Elmers roll-on paste. It works the best, and I haven't had to reapply. Kind that I look for is the invisible type, it looks somewhat like translucent purple, but dries clear.
Interesting wouldn't have thought that would be strong enough to stay on. Do you mean glue sticks like these?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004DNX6 ... mers+paste
Yeah, something like that. Yes, same kind used for kindergarten and other crafts. I always keep one in the war room just in case it is needed, but honestly once I use it on the resin, I've very rarely (can't remember actually) having to use it again to restick the felt. Works great and super easy.
Thanks Mate. I'll try that first. I don't want to start with heavy duty stuff like gorilla glue because if it doesn't work well if might be hard to get it off again.

Runeweaver
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Runeweaver » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:11 am

Saxon1974 wrote:
Runeweaver wrote:The best that I have found is just roll on paste. Yes, Elmers roll-on paste. It works the best, and I haven't had to reapply. Kind that I look for is the invisible type, it looks somewhat like translucent purple, but dries clear.
Interesting wouldn't have thought that would be strong enough to stay on. Do you mean glue sticks like these?

Yeah, something like that. Yes, same kind used for kindergarten and other crafts. I always keep one in the war room just in case it is needed, but honestly once I use it on the resin, I've very rarely (can't remember actually) having to use it again to restick the felt. Works great and super easy.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:09 pm

My 6-year old son's glue sticks we bought for his kindergarten class were the purple kind; if that's what you wan to try I'm sure they are in the school supplies aisle at your local store.
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:58 pm

Runeweaver
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Runeweaver » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:33 am

The best that I have found is just roll on paste. Yes, Elmers roll-on paste. It works the best, and I haven't had to reapply. Kind that I look for is the invisible type, it looks somewhat like translucent purple, but dries clear.