Cavern Questions

Do you have a question or a suggestion about how to best utilize Dwarven Forge's products? Please post it here.
kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Cavern Questions

Post by kodiakbear » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:00 am

Rhizom wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:14 pm
Wouldn't some more cake-piece-tiles from the narrow cavern set help you? I find that the shift from 90 degrees corners only to 45 degrees sometimes changes a lot and looks much more organic.
I use the wedges but as good as they are I still see the need for advanced builder cavern pieces and more sculpts to really add variety to caverns.

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by William » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:20 am

Rhizom wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:14 pm
Wouldn't some more cake-piece-tiles from the narrow cavern set help you? I find that the shift from 90 degrees corners only to 45 degrees sometimes changes a lot and looks much more organic.
I cut a few of those 45 degree cavern passage pieces into about 22.5 degrees each. ;)

About four or five pictures down in this post-
viewtopic.php?p=90022#p90022
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:39 pm

i would purchase a cake tile pack if they were available separately (mmmmm.... dwarvenite cake!)

it is why i purchased narrow passage packs instead of wall supports (only to find out the color change later)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Rhizom
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Rhizom » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:14 pm

kodiakbear wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:05 pm
With 10 sets out on a table it is a impressive cavern but less organic than I wish it was.

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:17 pm

:lol: mnoelio

I often use caverns and dungeons on the same table. Dungeons inside caverns, caverns connected to dungeons, dungeons connected to caverns connected to other dungeons. But your right dungeon crawls are the default.

mnoelio
Kobold
Kobold

Post by mnoelio » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:22 pm

Agreed kodiakbear!!! But everyone loves dungeons because it's not Caverns & Dragons :(

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:05 pm

I have 10 sets of caverns and that is a good amount for the table I have if I had more table space I would want more because caverns are awesome, but what I really want is advanced builder cavern pieces, more new sculpts and a couple of entrances. With 10 sets out on a table it is a impressive cavern but less organic than I wish it was.

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:20 pm

I certainly agree, mainly because with KSI and KSII it was easy to build and destroy to build the next section as the characters moved across the table. KSIII and KSIV were much more diorama type builds where everything is laid out beforehand in all its glory.

And I know I am like this. I still want more KSIII even though I have enough,(Probably Empire+Capital by now) but it does not cover enough of my table, so I want more more more. :D :D

With my three sets of caverns plus a good number of add-ons I am very content.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:51 am

In my experience, I think the average amount of "base" sets in KS1 and KS2 to get a decent amount of table coverage was 3-4 sets with 3-4 add-ons in order to get a large variety of builds.

In KS3, it was a different ballgame, because it seemed it was all about the add-ons. I found that I ran out of roofs and doors very quickly, even if I wasn't interested in sewers and streets and could focus solely on the buildings.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:16 am

Is it even possible to have too much Dwarven Forge?!?!?