Storage of Dwarvenite

Do you have a question or a suggestion about how to best utilize Dwarven Forge's products? Please post it here.
GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Storage of Dwarvenite

Post by GODofwar » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:41 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:10 am
AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:09 pm
Looks more like a hobbit hole than a rabbit burrow.... have you been buying up adjacent properties?
Don't compare the beetle infested rabbit tunnels of Earth to the average Mythrasian Rabbit dwelling. We Mythrasian Rabbits have evolved beyond such meagre hovels into larger ones ;)

And besides those dozy Hobbits have such nice holes.
IE, Mythrasioan rabbit warrens are much LARGER, ampler beetle-and-worm infested tunnels....

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except K5
WeaselWarGod

Rabbit Burner
Orc
Orc

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:10 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:09 pm
Looks more like a hobbit hole than a rabbit burrow.... have you been buying up adjacent properties?
Don't compare the beetle infested rabbit tunnels of Earth to the average Mythrasian Rabbit dwelling. We Mythrasian Rabbits have evolved beyond such meagre hovels into larger ones ;)

And besides those dozy Hobbits have such nice holes.
I am the Game and I want to Play

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:09 pm

106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Rabbit Burner
Orc
Orc

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:11 am

Love that table astolat, in fact all the storage pics here have been enlightening - so I thought I'd show you how we do it in the burrow :)

ok so that is more a temporary storage solution ;)

Below is a set of cheap(ish) (£12.99) plastic drawers that currently hold exactly 2 Erinthor Mountain sets, 1 Mountain Peak, Mountain Floor, Mountain Elevation and 1 Mountain Cliff set.

I am the Game and I want to Play

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:54 am

Great looking table astolat!

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:06 pm

Look for map cases. Called many things - including flat files. The big ones are about twice as deep as the really neat coffee table above.
I put a huge collection of plastic bins into about seven flat files. I kept all the fiddly bitz in a rolling vertical rack (my father's old handmade tool box) which also holds all my gaming rule accessory boxes, things like plastic markers/tape measures/angle measures/ poker chips/line of signt protractor/string combos etc, all the tools vor movng/marking/judging, on top.

My flat files are two steps from my 5x10 fly tables anyway; I just load one of my game level plywood plates with pieces I need and take two steps to the table.

Highly recommended, although I think the oak ones might not deform as much as metal - but so far thats not a problem.

TLW
Last edited by GODofwar on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
WeaselWarGod

astolat
Goblin
Goblin

Post by astolat » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:46 pm

I thought I would share my new solution, which arrived today. (The old solution was begging to use my kid's storage bins in exchange for letting her play with the DF as much as she wanted. :P)
coffee table.jpg
coffee table.jpg (85.29 KiB) Viewed 1177 times
coffee table-drawer.jpg
coffee table-drawer.jpg (131.4 KiB) Viewed 1177 times
coffee table-drawer 2.jpg
coffee table-drawer 2.jpg (121.54 KiB) Viewed 1177 times
It's a flat-file coffee table. Dimensions are 50"W x 20"D x 18"H and each drawer is 2.5" tall.

I previously had the DF packed into ~17 tubs -- mostly IRIS 6 qt storage boxes and the aforementioned toy bins. Those are not a bad storage solution either and very cheap, but the problem is they're not really efficient unless you spend time organizing the pieces to fit them in a double layer, and it was a pain for me to haul the bins out of the chest I was hiding them in because they're not attractive.

This table holds everything out of those bins, in a single layer, is very easy to pack and look over, also has room for my KS4 towers, and I have room left even beyond that. (Which is good, given the size of my KS5 pledge. Not throwing out the bins just yet...) It does NOT hold the tower bridge walls or the bridge of sighs, and a few bits from Erinthor and the cavern stalagmites have to be tipped on their sides but otherwise everything works. Floors are packed 5 deep.

It's a custom table from ModIndustrial on Etsy -- I highly recommend his work if you want something similar. It's a pricey purchase, but the collection inside did cost more than the table outside. (Although possibly that means I have too much DF.)

Only downside: small child complaining because she doesn't like the style. Everyone's a critic. :(

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:57 am

Those cabinets should be easy to find for next to nothing on craigslist ( i just found a free one in Paki Alto)... It is s great idea!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:10 pm

electricmotorcycles wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:58 pm
i converted a an unloved Conference Room Cabinet into a minis holder

open.jpg

half open.jpg

with some larger minis on top

closed with big minis on top.jpg
Cool! But now I will be viewing the one in our conference room in an entirely different light.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:11 pm

nielsene - i am a ways away from building my game room... but i have it all designed

I am planning on chandeliers and recessed lighting - the chandeliers will be false candelabras to fill the room with warm flavorful light - the recessed will be color addressable: white for functionality and colors for ambiance when gaming!

Mine will not be as glorious as yours but i am looking forward to it - yours is AWESOME - nice to start with such a flavorful space (mine is a shed dormer off the back of the garage ;)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939