Best cost efficient method to get CBS solid floors?

Do you have a question or a suggestion about how to best utilize Dwarven Forge's products? Please post it here.
jgt4242
Orc
Orc

Re: Best cost efficient method to get CBS solid floors?

Post by jgt4242 » Mon May 15, 2017 11:56 am

shaneg wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 8:41 pm
I would also appreciate the .stl file if possible. I have no problem paying DF lots of $$$ for great products as my kickstarter participation I hope proves, but I have no need for the number of trap door and staircase hole floors I have. I couldn't build out a manor floorplan this last session because of the lack of flooring and I have already purchased additional CBS sets.
I've bought 4 Hamlet sets and I'm fine with what I have, but I know I'm in the minority here. It sure take a lot of pieces (and money) if you want to go really epic with CBS.

shaneg
Kobold
Kobold

Post by shaneg » Sun May 14, 2017 8:41 pm

I would also appreciate the .stl file if possible. I have no problem paying DF lots of $$$ for great products as my kickstarter participation I hope proves, but I have no need for the number of trap door and staircase hole floors I have. I couldn't build out a manor floorplan this last session because of the lack of flooring and I have already purchased additional CBS sets.

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:50 pm

Vegomatic wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:06 pm
Perhaps someone could make a stamp with stone floor and wood floor texturing (to match the dwarven forge floors) then when a pack is purchased the trap door and stairwell holes could be filled with something like green stuff. Press the stamp on it with the matching pattern. Let it dry and paint it up.
As usual Vego has the great idea. I would go one step further:

1- Make the raw plug as Vego suggests.
2-Make a simple four-sided plastic card mold; the top would be just slightly smaller than the dimensions of the hole to be plugged; the bottom would be about 1mm smaller.
3-Put the raw plug into the mold.

This makes a plug whose top is the righ size but whose bottom is a tad smaller, making insertion easier. The Window shutters etc have a problem b/c they are the same size as the whole throughout their whole depth.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS delenda sunt
WeaselWarGod

Thunder
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Thunder » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:27 pm

I also built some crude plugs by photocopying a floor, cut & glue to some foam core. It looks "ok" but I would prefer something that looks better.

I would also be very interested in some larger floors like a double length floor, it seems I run out of floor tiles a lot, especially for larger floor plans.

Peace

Runeweaver
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Runeweaver » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:29 pm

ebrandeis wrote:
oddbender wrote:
ebrandeis wrote:Hmmmm, I just realized that I could 3D print a plug with the 3D printer I got recently.

Just a matter of finding or making a reasonably good match for the floor pattern. And of course the painting afterwards.
ebrandeis, the one in my picture is 3d printed and painted. As I said before it was a crude attempt, perhaps I can make a better one. Too many projects and not enough time.
Oh, wow, that looks great! If you add some paint for the "nails" it would be a pretty close match. Do you have a source for the STL?
+1. Would love an STL file if u have one.

ebrandeis
Orc
Orc

Post by ebrandeis » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:43 pm

oddbender wrote:
ebrandeis wrote:Hmmmm, I just realized that I could 3D print a plug with the 3D printer I got recently.

Just a matter of finding or making a reasonably good match for the floor pattern. And of course the painting afterwards.
ebrandeis, the one in my picture is 3d printed and painted. As I said before it was a crude attempt, perhaps I can make a better one. Too many projects and not enough time.
Oh, wow, that looks great! If you add some paint for the "nails" it would be a pretty close match. Do you have a source for the STL?

oddbender
Orc
Orc

Post by oddbender » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:18 am

ebrandeis
Orc
Orc

Post by ebrandeis » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:27 am

Hmmmm, I just realized that I could 3D print a plug with the 3D printer I got recently.

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:14 pm

I really need to find a cost efficient and good way to do this. I hope someone with more skill than I can develop and sell a method.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Vegomatic
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Vegomatic » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:06 pm

Perhaps someone could make a stamp with stone floor and wood floor texturing (to match the dwarven forge floors) then when a pack is purchased the trap door and stairwell holes could be filled with something like green stuff. Press the stamp on it with the matching pattern. Let it dry and paint it up.