bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Forces of Nature

Post by bernyleung » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:45 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:48 pm
Time for a New Year build berny ?
Probably will have to wait at least until after Chinese New Year (Feb 16). Lots of busy-ness until then.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:58 pm

Can't really do a ball drop until the Doomroller arrives...

Oh, now i just want to see a giant living sphere plowing through Times Square!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Rabbit Burner
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Rabbit Burner » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:48 pm

bernyleung wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:16 pm
fnordfriendly wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:17 am
You MUST post a picture of that! :)
What, of the Xmas tree? I did. See KS4, Castle Builds.
Yep we saw that pic and mighty fine it was too.

Time for a New Year build berny ?
I am the Game and I want to Play

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:16 pm

fnordfriendly wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:17 am
What, of the Xmas tree? I did. See KS4, Castle Builds.

fnordfriendly
Orc
Orc

Post by fnordfriendly » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:17 am

bernyleung wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:10 am
My castle has been sitting on the living room floor for a fairly long time. I was able to extend its life a little longer by putting my Xmas tree inside it. But in a few weeks I'll be holding a major party in the house and it will have to go into the big totes.... :(
AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:59 pm
fnordfriendly wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:45 am
Feymous wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:44 am

Indeed. It's very much like a scene from Marry Poppins ;)
Ok, so I dumped all of my DF on the table and nothing happened overnight. To be fair, I was peeking quite a bit. Do I need a wand? Hat with feather? Spoonful of sugar?
Have you consulted your local elves guild? I know they like to do things at night. Sometimes they hide my keys.
I called information, and the guy told me there's no listing for them. Maybe they're paying him hush money?

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:10 am

My castle has been sitting on the living room floor for a fairly long time. I was able to extend its life a little longer by putting my Xmas tree inside it. But in a few weeks I'll be holding a major party in the house and it will have to go into the big totes.... :(

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:59 pm

fnordfriendly wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:45 am
Feymous wrote:
fnordfriendly wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:01 pm
I don't know how you do it. Do you just shake all your pieces out on a table, wave your wand and they magically, organically grow into what we see posted? Amazing.
Ok, so I dumped all of my DF on the table and nothing happened overnight. To be fair, I was peeking quite a bit. Do I need a wand? Hat with feather? Spoonful of sugar?
Have you consulted your local elves guild? I know they like to do things at night. Sometimes they hide my keys.
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

fnordfriendly
Orc
Orc

Post by fnordfriendly » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:45 am

Feymous wrote:
fnordfriendly wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:01 pm
I don't know how you do it. Do you just shake all your pieces out on a table, wave your wand and they magically, organically grow into what we see posted? Amazing.

Rabbit Burner
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:54 am

Feymous wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:53 am
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:05 am
Not sure about everyone else, but we find there is just not enough days in a weekend to make the builds we want as quickly as we want.

Also does not help that its mostly done hap hazard, 'what to build today' and with DF the more you get the more you need to be organised in your DF storage.
So true. I'm pleased as punch to now have a dedicated game room where I can leave by setups up for more than a weekend.

Still looking for the perfect storage solution. Been trying to find some of those nifty flat file cabinets other forum members have posted pics of, but have yet to find one that fits my taste.
It is so useful to leave builds up and add to them as you go along without having to tear them down, my last build took a month to build and a couple of hours to abuse! (battle report coming soon).
I was really lucky that my wife wanted the spare room back (which was small anyway) so she arranged to have the garage converted into my 'office'!.

Aww man those flat file cabinets look sooo useful, just got two issues:
one - cant find them or at least at a price that's reasonable
two - not sure I'd get them into my games room

Current plan is to go the Really Useful Box root which allows me to store more vertically - though support shelves still required. They have added bonuses of being see through and can be fitted with dividers, great for DF SGs and minis and can be easily re-tasked.

I make use of four filing cabinets left over from my comic collecting days. Whilst they are great at storing boxes, not good for storing terrain or models - they are just too deep and leave a lot of space unused

The biggest issue IU am going to have with KS VI, VII ..... XIX is storage!
I am the Game and I want to Play

Feymous
Orc
Orc

Post by Feymous » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:53 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:05 am
Not sure about everyone else, but we find there is just not enough days in a weekend to make the builds we want as quickly as we want.

Also does not help that its mostly done hap hazard, 'what to build today' and with DF the more you get the more you need to be organised in your DF storage.
So true. I'm pleased as punch to now have a dedicated game room where I can leave by setups up for more than a weekend.

Still looking for the perfect storage solution. Been trying to find some of those nifty flat file cabinets other forum members have posted pics of, but have yet to find one that fits my taste.