Feymous
Orc
Orc

Re: Eberron Campaign - Part 2 Racing to Ruin

Post by Feymous » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:07 pm

Thanks everyone! Glad you enjoyed the pictures :D
Arcarius2001 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:27 am
How did you make the 2" canal water look so smooth, is that a photoshop trick or another terrain gem from your collection?
To make the canal I placed DF atop the Yansolo lake pictured below. Yansolo made great stuff, very versatile when used with negative space (like all the DF KS5 terrain trays). My favorite use so far was to create cavernous pools.
Attachments
Yansolo Lake 1.JPG
Yansolo Lake 1.JPG (301.28 KiB) Viewed 399 times
Yansolo Lake 2.jpg
Yansolo Lake 2.jpg (305.85 KiB) Viewed 399 times

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:01 pm

PS:

NOw I really wish I was living in your hometown!!

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, Except KS 5
WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:00 pm

Feymous wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:54 am
This is the latest installment in my ongoing Eberron campaign. I really enjoyed building and playing through these setups.The hidden sewer hideout of the villains was a fun reveal to my players. Although with a gang name like the Bilge Rats, maybe they weren't that surprised ;)

When we left our adventurers, they were stranded on a tropical island with a group of other shipwreck survivors. Fortune smiles on the party and, within a fortnight, the lighthouse they restored catches the attention of a passing ship. With passage secured back to civilization, the party plans what they will do with the clues they’ve gathered regarding the location of the long lost elven city of Saventh-Yhi.

Upon arriving in Stormreach, the PCs negotiate with various factions who desire to be the first to Saventh-Yhi, finally allying with the Aerenal elves. Opposing factions sought the PC's knowledge through more underhanded ways and our heroes contested with spies, thieves, and eventually the kidnapping of a fellow castaway whom the PCs had befriended.

The party receives a ransom note from a local gang, the Bilge Rats, instructing them to come alone and unarmed to the Oresian Whaling Company if they wish to see their friend alive again. Not trusting the gang, the party decides to infiltrate the whaling company and take the Bilge Rats by surprise.
OMG, we did our game and I had no seen these yet. I'd have forced you to rebuild the whole darn thing so I could see it in person, Feymous!

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, Except KS 5
WeaselWarGod

Rabbit Burner
Orc
Orc

Post by Rabbit Burner » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:06 pm

Fabulous builds - so much detail - great job :)
I am the Game and I want to Play

bernyleung
Ogre
Ogre

Post by bernyleung » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:08 am

Hear! Hear! Beautifully constructed and beautifully shot!

unclebilly
Orc
Orc

Post by unclebilly » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:34 am

Total awesomeness !!!! You have a lot of talent setting them up and your players are very lucky.

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:27 am

OMG this is fabulous!!! (And not just because I also have one of those Tijuana chess sets 😀. It never occured to me to use the pieces in a setup, another stroke of brilliance on your part.) I love the waterfront, so very well done. It leaks like a real place. Bravo!! How did you make the 2" canal water look so smooth, is that a photoshop trick or another terrain gem from your collection? That city wall is perfect, having the top kept plain lends to the realism. As do the perfectly painted miniatures, of course. I have to get a pack of those Fenryll farm maids, the gal by the water clinches that decision for me.

Ah, ROTA. I do not have any sets of that. Only because I think they would not get as much use as my other sets. But every time I see them in a beautiful setup, I have to kick myself for not picking up at least one set of each. Just gorgeous. I appreciate how you use them but also pieces from your other sets in combination.

This was the first site I sat down to peruse with my morning coffee and I knew as soon as I saw that you had posted that my morning was starting off on a high note! Thanks, Feymous, for such beautiful pics and amazing setups. Truly, your players are extremely fortunate to play at your table.

Feymous
Orc
Orc

Post by Feymous » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:07 am

The setup below concluded the second story arc of my campaign. This setup, of a ruined and overgrown ziggurat, is something I’ve wanted to build since I was inspired by Law’s The Great Coming of Tlaltecuhtli (yeah over four years ago!). I've had far too few chances to bust out the RotA sets over the years and am looking forward to several more as the campaign moves to the next chapter. I had a little Photoshop fun with the illusory map.

After rescuing their friend and preparing for an expedition into the wild interior of Xen’drik, our party sets out for the ancient outpost of Tazion, which hides the key to Saventh-Yhi. The PCs travel for weeks, encountering giants, drow, and dangerous creatures both natural and unnatural.

They arrive in Tazion to find it inhabited by a tribe of baboon men and their companion girallon. The party also encounters yet another serpentfolk, working feverishly to discern the location of Saventh-Yhi. After dispatching both simians and serpents, the party puzzles out the “key” to Saventh-Yhi. In the uppermost level of the ziggurat, they activate an illusory map of the ancient metropolis that points out a hidden mountain passage into the city.
Attachments
1 Welcome to the Jungle.JPG
1 Welcome to the Jungle.JPG (376.19 KiB) Viewed 541 times
2  Hit Me With Your Best Shot.JPG
2 Hit Me With Your Best Shot.JPG (349.72 KiB) Viewed 541 times
3 Ziggurat.JPG
3 Ziggurat.JPG (272.86 KiB) Viewed 541 times
4 Portal to the Past.JPG
4 Portal to the Past.JPG (323.5 KiB) Viewed 541 times
5 Girallon.JPG
5 Girallon.JPG (367.59 KiB) Viewed 541 times
6  Jungle Ruins.JPG
6 Jungle Ruins.JPG (262.46 KiB) Viewed 541 times
7 Jungle Ruins.JPG
7 Jungle Ruins.JPG (200.16 KiB) Viewed 541 times
8 Temple of Sun.JPG
8 Temple of Sun.JPG (287.4 KiB) Viewed 541 times
9 Temple of Stars.JPG
9 Temple of Stars.JPG (266.83 KiB) Viewed 541 times
10 The Riddle Begins.JPG
10 The Riddle Begins.JPG (321.83 KiB) Viewed 541 times
11 Sunken Courtyard.JPG
11 Sunken Courtyard.JPG (289.12 KiB) Viewed 541 times
12 Sunken Courtyard.JPG
12 Sunken Courtyard.JPG (362.07 KiB) Viewed 541 times
13 Little Temple of Horrors.JPG
13 Little Temple of Horrors.JPG (330.06 KiB) Viewed 541 times
14 Why Is It Always Snakes.JPG
14 Why Is It Always Snakes.JPG (343 KiB) Viewed 541 times
15 Idol Memories.JPG
15 Idol Memories.JPG (313.2 KiB) Viewed 541 times
16 Await Judgment.JPG
16 Await Judgment.JPG (453.06 KiB) Viewed 541 times
17 Ziggurat at Night.JPG
17 Ziggurat at Night.JPG (293.03 KiB) Viewed 541 times

Feymous
Orc
Orc

Eberron Campaign - Part 2 Racing to Ruin

Post by Feymous » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:54 am

This is the latest installment in my ongoing Eberron campaign. I really enjoyed building and playing through these setups.The hidden sewer hideout of the villains was a fun reveal to my players. Although with a gang name like the Bilge Rats, maybe they weren't that surprised ;)

When we left our adventurers, they were stranded on a tropical island with a group of other shipwreck survivors. Fortune smiles on the party and, within a fortnight, the lighthouse they restored catches the attention of a passing ship. With passage secured back to civilization, the party plans what they will do with the clues they’ve gathered regarding the location of the long lost elven city of Saventh-Yhi.

Upon arriving in Stormreach, the PCs negotiate with various factions who desire to be the first to Saventh-Yhi, finally allying with the Aerenal elves. Opposing factions sought the PC's knowledge through more underhanded ways and our heroes contested with spies, thieves, and eventually the kidnapping of a fellow castaway whom the PCs had befriended.

The party receives a ransom note from a local gang, the Bilge Rats, instructing them to come alone and unarmed to the Oresian Whaling Company if they wish to see their friend alive again. Not trusting the gang, the party decides to infiltrate the whaling company and take the Bilge Rats by surprise.
Attachments
1 Oresian Whaling Co.jpg
1 Oresian Whaling Co.jpg (301.57 KiB) Viewed 535 times
2 Tide Pools.JPG
2 Tide Pools.JPG (333.23 KiB) Viewed 535 times
3 Negotiations.JPG
3 Negotiations.JPG (365.73 KiB) Viewed 535 times
4 Black Tide.JPG
4 Black Tide.JPG (304.93 KiB) Viewed 535 times
5  Rogue.JPG
5 Rogue.JPG (323.85 KiB) Viewed 535 times
6 Rending Yard.JPG