Sorn\'s Castle, Town, Tomb and Catacombs Diorama

Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc

Re: Sorn\'s Castle, Town, Tomb and Catacombs Diorama

Post by Blue Prophet » Fri May 19, 2017 6:25 pm

William wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 8:46 am
Wish I could have seen this set of pictures, I suppose I missed it if I didn't comment.
Sorn needs some help here DF, let's see if you can find the pictures. Petty (yes I said petty) Please. ;)
I hope this happens. Sorn has my favorite collection of terrain and miniatures (he's hired amazing painters), plus an awesome game room. If I won the lottery, I'd have a collection like his.

I downloaded lots of his pictures from here and other sites before, but I don't really have the time to try and upload those myself.

William
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Sorn\'s Castle, Town, Tomb and Catacombs Diorama

Post by William » Fri May 19, 2017 8:46 am

Wish I could have seen this set of pictures, I suppose I missed it if I didn't comment.
Sorn needs some help here DF, let's see if you can find the pictures. Petty (yes I said petty) Please. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Sorn
Orc
Orc

Re:Sorn\'s Castle, Town, Tomb and Catacombs Diorama

Post by Sorn » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:15 pm

@jasdotcom Thanks :) I am happy you like the pics.

@keelerorc You are too kind. I love your custom-made DF compatible stuff. Didn\'t you make those fire pits in the catacombs that I used? They are awesome!

@Runeweaver Thank you kindly.

@Himajin I appreciate the kind words. Since I was a kid, I wanted a nice game room. I have been blessed to have had the opportunity to make it a reality as an adult. Alas, if only I had the amount of free time that I had as a kid to enjoy it everyday ...perhaps one day in the far future when I retire.

@Jericho Thanks, Jericho. I am very much looking forward to your campaign. We will certainly put that game room to good use!

@David Thanks, David!

@rydendragons Thanks. Jericho will be running me, my RL bro, one of my friends, and one of his friends through a D&D 5E campaign in that room. I will help him setup the dioramas. We will have to post pics of the adventures.

@LordDust Thanks, bro. I agree. Those end caps are key to creating immersion and to seamlessly transition from an outdoor setting to an indoor DF setting.

@Palliayn You are too kind. I am excited about getting the DF caverns kickstarter pieces. I want to make an epic and gigantic cavern layout! Perhaps Jericho can even somehow use it for the campaign. We will see.

@zoroaster100 You are indeed correct! Thanks for answering the question on my behalf.

@tattoedtoad To be honest, I do not know. I no longer keep my DF stuff in set boxes. They are all placed in drawers of my cabinets. This makes it easy for me to access it, but also makes it so I have no idea how many sets were used in any given setup.

@DrGilgamesh :) I appreciate the kind words.

@biowizard MBA models! Love them...although Tabletop World, when painted well, surpass them in beauty. Wouldn\'t you agree?

@brbrown Keep was from e-bay. Castle was also from an e-bay seller.

@TK 266 Nerdvania! Lol!

@Dead_Rabbit Thank you, good sir!

@Law if you had my stuff, the diorama you would put together would easily blow mine out of the water. You have far greater creativity than I do. Tom, Kronos and others on the forum do as well. I am very aware of this, but I still like building my dioramas, even if they do not show the same level of imagination as you and others have shown in your setups.

@philipm lol! We all win - by having the imagination and interest in this awesome hobby that, unfortunately, few in the mainstream understand.

@dndgamer Thank you, my good man. I have certainly enjoyed many of your setups as well. And, yes, Law\'s ROTA floor pieces are indeed fantastic.

@JasonYoung lol - Jericho beat you to it :)

@galahad Thanks, man!

@Kradlo If only we all lived near each other...but alas we are all so far apart.

@Shadox Thanks! Your \"YOU ROCK THE FREE WORLD\" compliments always bring a smile to my face.

@brvheart Thanks! I also have enjoyed your setups as well. That port town was quite cool!

brvheart
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by brvheart » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:02 am

Another truly excellent setup by Sorn! Green with envy am I!

Shadox
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Shadox » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:37 am

This is a first....

That setup gets a nonuple YOU ROCK THE FREE WORLD!!!!!!!!!

-Shadox

jericho
Ogre
Ogre

Post by jericho » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:42 pm

I can\'t stop looking at these pictures. Not only does everything look fantastic but the layouts are perfect.

Kradlo
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kradlo » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:58 am

That setup is mind boggling. I\'d love to play there!
Make Mine Master Maze!

galahad
Orc
Orc

Post by galahad » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:21 pm

Absolutely incredible.
Pontifex Maximus of Valoria

JasonYoung
Orc
Orc

Post by JasonYoung » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:10 am

I am pretty sure Sorn should hire me as his Full Time DM. lol

I do run a fairly epic game that would take advantage of his amazing collection. It\'s comparable to the Game of Thrones in scope but of course it takes advantage of the rest that D&D has to offer as well! ;-)

Great layout Sorn, and that\'s an inspiring game room you have there!

dndgamer
Ogre
Ogre

Post by dndgamer » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:06 pm

Sorn,
You never cease to amaze us with these wonderful settings! Truly inspiring.

Law, the painted ROTA floor pieces by the Altar are fantastic! How do you muster up the patience to paint each tiny spot in multi-colors? How long did it take? Got any more for sale?!!!!?? B-)

I vote for SornCon 2015! Who\'s buying a ticket?
--Semper Fidelis