When will KSIV stuff be in store

oddbender
Orc
Orc

Re: When will KSIV stuff be in store

Post by oddbender » Wed May 03, 2017 10:20 am

DFSuzy wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 7:33 am
I will be sure to revisit this topic (hopefully) today to share your input. Thanks to everyone who chimed in (Yes, it is a head-scratcher for sure!) and I will let everyone know what we decided to do with this.
Of course, everyone has an opinion, but when push comes to shoves; we know all of you at DF do the best you can. And we appreciate when you keep us in the loop and hear our feedback. Thanks.

DFSuzy
Orc
Orc

Post by DFSuzy » Wed May 03, 2017 7:33 am

Harneloot wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 7:13 am
Kryzsko wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 10:37 pm
I also don't care when Castle sets go live, but you might want to consider you are giving the resellers on eBay a good head start. There are people who missed KS4 who want Castles that may buy overinflated sets on eBay not realizing that they could just wait a month.
THIS. You want people spending money on DF however possible, not on e-bay and not on other KS. Get pictures of the sets and lists of pieces and prices up on the web-store ASAP and for sale in the store soon after.

And, as I have suggested before, sell on set a month on e-bay with a link that points back to your own web-store - don't let the re-sellers steal your business :)
HA! That seems shady to me ... I think we would just offer it on the web store instead. Putting things up on eBay is extra work (and who wants to do extra work??).

I will be sure to revisit this topic (hopefully) today to share your input. Thanks to everyone who chimed in (Yes, it is a head-scratcher for sure!) and I will let everyone know what we decided to do with this.

Thanks guys! You are awesome!

Suzy

DFSuzy
Orc
Orc

Post by DFSuzy » Wed May 03, 2017 7:31 am

dice4hire wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 4:01 am
Anotehr point, will there be a presale on KSV like we did the last few KSes in August.

I understand August would probably not be a good time, maybe October would be good.
Yes - I am not sure if we will be able to offer pre-orders in time for GenCon as we usually do, but yes, we will offer pre-orders. That has been good for us and for customers who couldn't back the campaign (or didn't know about it) so we will keep doing that.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Wed May 03, 2017 7:13 am

Kryzsko wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 10:37 pm
I also don't care when Castle sets go live, but you might want to consider you are giving the resellers on eBay a good head start. There are people who missed KS4 who want Castles that may buy overinflated sets on eBay not realizing that they could just wait a month.
THIS. You want people spending money on DF however possible, not on e-bay and not on other KS. Get pictures of the sets and lists of pieces and prices up on the web-store ASAP and for sale in the store soon after.

And, as I have suggested before, sell on set a month on e-bay with a link that points back to your own web-store - don't let the re-sellers steal your business :)

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed May 03, 2017 4:01 am

Anotehr point, will there be a presale on KSV like we did the last few KSes in August.

I understand August would probably not be a good time, maybe October would be good.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

blinky
Orc
Orc

Post by blinky » Wed May 03, 2017 3:23 am

KS4 should be available as soon as possible.
Yes, it might detract from KS5 but it also might provide more incentive for new customers.
If they can't buy something they may go elsewhere.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Wed May 03, 2017 3:10 am

First of all let me say this - Kudos to Suzy for giving everyone a heads up and sort of taking the community pulse on this issue Nice that our opinions are valued and someone is looking out to make sure we don't die ;)

I am agnostic on this issue - i will have plenty of castle stuff to play with and a month or two doesn't bother me.

That said from a business stand point i find this a bit of a head scratcher. Yeah, sure you want to pump KS 5, but lets take a step back and look at this:

I think it is safe to assume that margins are better on product sold from the webstore than they are for items bought during a KS. That makes this a decision to prioritize lower margin sales that involve a future obligation (and risk) OVER higher margin sales that can be completed and finalized immediately (lowering inventory and associated carrying costs). This seems counter intuitive as a business strategy.

The flipside of course is that the more money the KS generates, the greater the economy of scale, the lower the cost per piece and the better the margins all around. So there is definitely value in funneling the consumer dollar into the KS, but is it enough to justify with holding inventory from sale? This is an interesting question and one that someone smarter than me could probably write an economics paper on ;)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Wed May 03, 2017 1:48 am

DF

I understand the logic of not wanting to compete with your self, but to be honest there are so many other KS and other items coming out soon, that you might as well let people spend their money how ever they want and hope it is with DF.

If people spend hundreds on store items and then less on KS5 it will be a shame but at least it was your product.

I plan to save my meager $ for KS5 but others may just spend there money on non-DF products if KS4 items do not get in the store soon.

The above is just my opinion but I have worked retail customer service for over 30 years. Customer do not want to wait.

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Tue May 02, 2017 11:47 pm

DF is known for great customer support. Making KS4 available in the store as soon as possible is a great example of doing that. I was tickled last year to be able to buy needed KSIII items to fill in my pledge holes so soon after the KSIII shipments had started. That kind of commitment to the customer ensures loyalty that you cannot buy. To do otherwise if the product is available would be discouraging and counter to building KSV momentum.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Jonathan
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Jonathan » Tue May 02, 2017 11:38 pm

DFSuzy wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 4:12 pm
we don't want anyone to die.
DF mission statement: "May our patrons survive but their wallets be damned!"