When will KSIV stuff be in store

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: When will KSIV stuff be in store

Post by dice4hire » Tue May 02, 2017 11:27 pm

Kryzsko wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 10:37 pm

How about Dwarven Forge put the sets up on the web store with pictures and prices but also with a "coming (insert date)". That works as a good advertisement too.
That sounds like a fine idea to me.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Runeweaver
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Runeweaver » Tue May 02, 2017 10:53 pm

I bought a ton of stuff for the castles kick starter, but I'm certain that I missed a few things. Those few things could be critical in finishing the castle that I want to build. In all fairness, KS4 was an extremely complicated kick starter. A lot of what I was getting was a guess. If you hold out from putting castles on the store, you're basically penalizing those that had to guess on what they wanted, and making the castle kick starter even more of a crapshoot.

Would I be enraged if DF held out on putting castles in the store? No. However I wouldn't be very happy about it either. Especially if I found out that I had purchased the incorrect number of walls to do what I wanted, and now I'm a whole wall short. I appreciate that you're willing to offer these critical add-ons to those individuals that contact you directly, but as you say, you can't promise anything.

In all honesty, the amount of money that I spend on castle add-ons from the store will affect how much I am able to spend on KS five. I know this is exactly what you are attempting to avoid. I can understand the desire to hold off. I don't have a good answer for you. On one hand you irritate the customer, but will drive a more successful kick starter. On the other hand you have better customer service.

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Tue May 02, 2017 10:37 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 10:23 pm
This is the timeline I would desire, based also on DF's wishes

DF releases a price list for Castle stuff pre-KSV

Kickstarter V runs and finishes.

A few days later Castle stuff hits the webstore

KSV Pledge Manager released

I think this would work well for everyone.
Yep, that would work for me.

How about Dwarven Forge put the sets up on the web store with pictures and prices but also with a "coming (insert date)". That works as a good advertisement too.

I also don't care when Castle sets go live, but you might want to consider you are giving the resellers on eBay a good head start. There are people who missed KS4 who want Castles that may buy overinflated sets on eBay not realizing that they could just wait a month.

Riley
Orc
Orc

Post by Riley » Tue May 02, 2017 10:26 pm

Please let us order sooner, not later!

There were so many good things to buy in KS4, I had to defer on a bunch of them. However, I now have plenty of cash, ready to spend!

It won't detract from my KS5 spending, I promise!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue May 02, 2017 10:23 pm

This is the timeline I would desire, based also on DF's wishes

DF releases a price list for Castle stuff pre-KSV

Kickstarter V runs and finishes.

A few days later Castle stuff hits the webstore

KSV Pledge Manager released

I think this would work well for everyone.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:08 pm

I have the same concerns: not knowing the price list makes it difficult to budget for KS5. I'm less concerned about when castles actually becomes available for order -- I have a ton of painting to do anyway :)
Kryzsko wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 9:00 pm
The problem is that not knowing the pice list for Castles sets makes it harder to budget for KS5 not easier. I have several Castles add-on sets I want to get but I don't know how much that will be compared to the old KS prices or how quickly they will go out of stock.

So not knowing how much the Castle stuff will run me makes me likely to spend less on KS5, because I don't know how much I need to hold back. The other problem is I don't know how quickly Castle stuff will fly out of the DF store so I don't dare wait.

The reality is that I only have so much to spend period. For me getting the extra Castle stuff I want is a priority over KS5 so in the face of the unknown I will hold back some on KS5 and wait for the Castles stuff.

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Tue May 02, 2017 9:05 pm

Even if we could just get a set list with prices prior to KS5 it would help. Also if we could have about a week heads up as to when Castles were going to go live on the store it would be nice. I am very busy in June/July and it is hard to keep checking.

Thanks.

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Tue May 02, 2017 9:00 pm

The problem is that not knowing the pice list for Castles sets makes it harder to budget for KS5 not easier. I have several Castles add-on sets I want to get but I don't know how much that will be compared to the old KS prices or how quickly they will go out of stock.

So not knowing how much the Castle stuff will run me makes me likely to spend less on KS5, because I don't know how much I need to hold back. The other problem is I don't know how quickly Castle stuff will fly out of the DF store so I don't dare wait.

The reality is that I only have so much to spend period. For me getting the extra Castle stuff I want is a priority over KS5 so in the face of the unknown I will hold back some on KS5 and wait for the Castles stuff.

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Tue May 02, 2017 6:57 pm

Well! I am incensed! Just as I was about to throw a huge wad of KS4 add-on money, this complication shows up! The *only* solution I see is to give all KS4 backers equal access to a DF store coupon guaranteeing August pre-sale prices for the rest of the calendar year. Harrumph!

(runs away and goes to cry in a corner)

DFSuzy
Orc
Orc

Post by DFSuzy » Tue May 02, 2017 6:50 pm

OK! Your concerns are noted.

1: The pre-orders are closed, so that won't work ... sorry about that!

2. If you realllllllly need something like one or two items once you get your KS shipment, email us at dwarvenforgeinfo@gmail.com. I can't promise that we will be able to get you the desired item, but we can check and mayyyyyyybe we can accommodate you. No promises, but it can't hurt to ask.

I will be sure to mention these concerns to the powers that be. As I said before, this decision isn't final, it's just something we thought would be best considering all of the DOOM we are wreaking on wallets in such a short period of time.

Thanks! Keep chiming in - we do pay attention!

Suzy