Are the Classic Dungeon Resin Sets gone for good?

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Are the Classic Dungeon Resin Sets gone for good?

Post by Harneloot » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:28 am

unclebilly wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:54 am
As much as I would love to get more resin. If it is not profitable for DF then I can understand why they are not going to do it. Also I like my resin but always feel more comfortable using my dwarvenite at the game table. Nothing like knowing no mater what that stuff is not going to break on you.
Completely agree....and then I build that temple room out of RoTA pieces and my jaw just hits the floor, again.

unclebilly
Orc
Orc

Post by unclebilly » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:54 am

As much as I would love to get more resin. If it is not profitable for DF then I can understand why they are not going to do it. Also I like my resin but always feel more comfortable using my dwarvenite at the game table. Nothing like knowing no mater what that stuff is not going to break on you.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:18 am

Firstly, I do not speak for DF and am in no way staff... however I will repeat a few things I have heard said by staff unofficially (in person at conventions for example). A few have said that direct reproductions in dwarvenite of resin won't be happening. Similar and complimentary pieces/sets are entirely possible, maybe even likely for some things, but straight up reproductions will not be happening for both artistic and technical reasons.

Also, while I have heard it said resin will stick around for limited production runs of some new things (like catacombs), resin costs have gone up and there are a lot of challenges that at this juncture make it very difficult to have enough margin even with increasing prices. This next part is purely speculation based on my admittedly limited knowledge, but mistakes and transit damage do happen along with production issues so the higher shipping and production costs mean replacements for aggrieved customers who had an issue will be rather costly.

While it has not been officially stated to my knowledge, I do not think there are plans for regular resin production to resume. This is a mixed bag for collectors, their sets will be more valuable but they will be harder to source with more fans around. Dwarvenite is here to stay, for both good and ill. I would say it has more pros than cons but I am sure there are at least some whose opinion differs.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:17 pm

Welcome to the Forums!!!

I also think there will be no wholesale "reprinting" of the older REsin stuff into dwarvenite. DF seems to be more interested in going forward, which I think is a good idea. I am sure there is a lot of inspiration from the resin stuff though, I see similar pieces crop up in dwarvenite.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:50 pm

While some pieces have made it into Dwarvenite from the resin sets, those only occurred in the first kickstarter and everything else has been new. I would not expect that the old resin will be made in Dwarvenite.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

HULKReality
Kobold
Kobold

Post by HULKReality » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:44 pm

IM so glade that people ask question about the old stuff because i just made my first purchase for some Dwarven forge cavern and city and cant wait for them. Also so im looking forward to see if the old stuff is going to be made in to the new Dwarvenite? all the pictures look epic and like something a noob to Dwarven forge would like to have for games of Dungeon and dragons! Thank guys
Joseph Fairweather

Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc

Post by Blue Prophet » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:44 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:20 pm
We have got feedback that likely no water, ice, and woodland sets will be produced in the future due to a variety of reasons.
BOOO! HISSS!

It won't stop me from asking for them. (Though the clear dwarvenite caverns trump the old ice ones I think)

Not that I have money for them now.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:20 pm

Yet another reason why I feel a pre-order would be good. There is still demand for resin sets and if we can get commitment from buyers then DF has nothing to lose with doing a preorder to satisfy these requests.

To answer your question, Ebonsword, I don't think DF has stated that they WON'T restock them, they just haven't in a while. Only they know if they intend on ever doing them again. We have got feedback that likely no water, ice, and woodland sets will be produced in the future due to a variety of reasons. Nothing I know of regarding the dungeon sets besides your assumption of dwarvenite replacing them.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Ebonsword
Goblin
Goblin

Are the Classic Dungeon Resin Sets gone for good?

Post by Ebonsword » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:03 pm

I used to own a decent amount of DF stuff six or so years ago, but ended up selling it.

Now I'm thinking of picking up some more, but it seems like the Classic Dungeon sets are mostly no longer available in resin? I'm thinking of things like the Room & Passage set (I see that the Wicked Addition sets are still available).

It used to be that OOP sets would stay on the website if they were going to be restocked at some point. However, most of the old Classic Dungeon sets don't seem to be listed any longer.

Are they really gone for good? Did the Dwarvenite sets replace them?