Street Team Needed for DF Movie Premiere at SXSW in Austin Texas

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
natetaylor
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Street Team Needed for DF Movie Premiere at SXSW in Austin Texas

Post by natetaylor » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:09 pm

Geek Jeff, didn't see your email yet. Feel free to PM me here.

And we'll try and capture all the shenanigans on camera and post it for those who can attend.

Who else will join the Dwarven Army...?

arsthein
Ogre
Ogre

Post by arsthein » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:38 am

jchunick wrote:Interestingly enough, Jeff Dee lives (used to live?) Out that way because I used to see him on the Atheist Experience public broadcast show. He'd be a cool guy to invite.
Wow! I used to see that show too. In youtube, of course, I'm from Z-pain...

I hope there will be video proof of the epic battle that will ensue.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:20 am

Have an excellent time - wish I could attend but will love hearing the stories and seeing the pictures!

geekjeff
Ogre
Ogre

Post by geekjeff » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:12 pm

Sounds cool, and I'm local! I think I could even break with my curmudgeonly avoidance of all things downtown during SWSX for you guys. ;)

Email sent!

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:33 pm

I'd love to go as well, but can't... someone's gotta hold down the KS4 Castle while the DF army is out battling!...

Interestingly enough, Jeff Dee lives (used to live?) Out that way because I used to see him on the Atheist Experience public broadcast show. He'd be a cool guy to invite.
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:05 pm

Man if i didn't have kids, i would strap on a sword, jump on a plane (TSA would love that!) and go be part of the fun!

Sounds like an awesome opportunity to meet a bunch of cool DF folks and let your freak flag fly in Austin Teaxas!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

natetaylor
Ogre
Ogre

Street Team Needed for DF Movie Premiere at SXSW in Austin Texas

Post by natetaylor » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:02 pm

Greetings Forumites!

I’m pleased to announce that the Dwarven Forge documentary, THE DWARVENAUT, will be having its world premiere at South by Southwest in March.

http://schedule.sxsw.com/2016/events/event_FS19498?_ga=

The film interweaves Stefan’s life story with the launch of KS3. It’s a pretty fun glimpse behind the curtain at DF. And we’re hoping it will help attract some fresh blood to our fabulous community here.

The film festival will have something like 175 films playing, and we want to make sure we stand out from the crowd. So we need a street team to go out and help build excitement. We’ll have flyers to distribute, posters to hang, people on the street to incite, and a staged battle with LARP weapons against the Darkon film team.

So this is a call to arms!

Will you join the Dwarven Army and help us spread the word?

We will need volunteers for Friday and Saturday, March 11th & 12th in Austin Texas.

We’re looking for part-time volunteers, as well as one or two full time commanders for the army.

And, costumes/armor are a big plus. Stefan and I will both be in full garb, and a bunch of the team will be as well. We want the army to stand out!

If you rally to our side, we’ll have a bunch of goodies for you, including a ticket to the world premiere, admission to the after party, and some special DF products which we’re still working out the details on. Plus it'll be a fun chance to hoist a few beers with us and celebrate this grand victory! And, no promises, but there's good chance we'll have some KS4 prototypes there so you can see them in person...

If you are available and interested, please email info@dwarvenaut.com, and we’ll get you in the mix. Or if you know someone that's local who might be a good fit, please pass this along to them.

For Valoria!
-Nate