when do pre sales ship ?

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
dungeonmastermark
Orc
Orc

Re: when do pre sales ship ?

Post by dungeonmastermark » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:22 pm

nevermind.. i figured it out.. i ordered less than i thought during pre sale

dungeonmastermark
Orc
Orc

Post by dungeonmastermark » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:03 pm

Suzy -

I found a shipping notice for my town guards i ordered on the early pre-release sale.. but it does not mention other items like ( battlements and roofs) that i ordered extras of..

are these being shipped separate?
Shipment Confirmation. Order #: #2916

Vegomatic
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Vegomatic » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:55 am

galahad wrote:Curse of Strahd starts at my local store on March 23. I plan on using my City pieces in this 6 month campaign.

I was able to get all 200 of my empire Stone buildings pieces based with Pokorny Grey on Saturday at the store"s monthly painting day. I will get them finish sometime during the next 2 weeks. only 2-3 more steps each so they are easy.

After that I will probably want to do the tudor style buildings - which means I will have to mix colours. This will require that I actually record my mix proportions so I can replicate them in the future. It's not a big problem - just one I wanted to avoid. I do really like Pokorny Paints and use them on all my scenery & minis. I may wait until the Pokorny tudor paints are available but It causes me pain to put unpainted scenery on my tables.

Plus they are the best value for great paints I have found!
If you are in a hurry to get started, consider mixing a full bottle (or 2) when you are ready to start... mix it all in a larger container. If you want the convenience of the original bottles, rinse them out before filling them back up as the residual paint in the bottle might change the color. There you have a bottle or more of paint all the same color. Don't forget to label the bottle(s)! ;)

galahad
Orc
Orc

Post by galahad » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:23 am

Curse of Strahd starts at my local store on March 23. I plan on using my City pieces in this 6 month campaign.

I was able to get all 200 of my empire Stone buildings pieces based with Pokorny Grey on Saturday at the store"s monthly painting day. I will get them finish sometime during the next 2 weeks. only 2-3 more steps each so they are easy.

After that I will probably want to do the tudor style buildings - which means I will have to mix colours. This will require that I actually record my mix proportions so I can replicate them in the future. It's not a big problem - just one I wanted to avoid. I do really like Pokorny Paints and use them on all my scenery & minis. I may wait until the Pokorny tudor paints are available but It causes me pain to put unpainted scenery on my tables.

Plus they are the best value for great paints I have found!
Pontifex Maximus of Valoria

Vegomatic
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Vegomatic » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:36 pm

GODofwar wrote:
Vegomatic wrote: From my perspective this is like a paint by number kit. Paint these spots this color. Paint those spots that color. Splash a few random stones/spots with this other color. Dry brush and/or wash over it all with this color. It doesn't take much of an artistic streak to be a paint-bot.

Thanks!
Jeez. I wish.

The Least Weasel
:?:

DFSuzy
Orc
Orc

Post by DFSuzy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:34 am

Vegomatic wrote:
Buying unpainted sets and paints allowed me to buy more (unpainted village was about the same price as a painted hamlet). From my perspective this is like a paint by number kit. Paint these spots this color. Paint those spots that color. Splash a few random stones/spots with this other color. Dry brush and/or wash over it all with this color. It doesn't take much of an artistic streak to be a paint-bot.

As always, I appreciate the comments and the assistance! :D

Thanks!
I completely understand. This release is the most complicated paint scheme we have ever had. We did what we felt was best to convey instructions for mixing colors that were very very delayed ... once the new colors arrive, we will amend the painting guides to make it easier, since 4 of the colors will be here and there will be significantly less mixing. There will still be a little mixing, but it will just be to "add some white" or "add a drop of schoolbus" rather than the current instructions.

We wanted something to give people who wanted to get started right away. We aren't happy about the paint delay, either.

Hopefully, once the colors arrive, the paint guide will feel more like paintbot instructions.

But, as you may or may not know, Stefan has worked as a university art instructor, and he feels that we should encourage people to do what they like with their painting. That's what art is all about.

Paint them all sparkly pink and purple for all we care! Send your party off to save a unicorn from an evil ice queen! You can do that. It's your city! (Send pictures, because I want to see that ...)

Anyway, I am sorry if you are disappointed. I really am. Feel free to ask me any questions about it and I will do my very best to help you out.

Thanks!

Suzy
Last edited by DFSuzy on Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DFSuzy
Orc
Orc

Post by DFSuzy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:19 am

GODofwar wrote:
DFSuzy wrote:
dungeonmastermark wrote:S

Suzy, don't the coins got during the KS III arrive with KS III? Or were you referring to sales of coins after KS III ended?

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est

The coins arrived early, so we fulfilled them when they arrived. If you ordered coins and have not yet received them, please email me at dwarvenforgeorders@gmail.com. I will get them to you right away.

If you did not yet order coins, you can do so right now at:

http://dwarven-forge.myshopify.com/collections/coins

Thanks!

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:09 am

Vegomatic wrote:
DFSuzy wrote:Well ... I can try to get formulas for you, but I would say that if you were willing to buy these unpainted, you probably already have an artistic streak in you, whether you realize that or not. You might paint a piece and say to yourself: "Self, I really think this would look cooler with little different color for that," and there is nothing wrong with that. This is your City. Make it your own!

:D

Happy painting! I hope you can get to it before next winter!

Suzy
From my perspective this is like a paint by number kit. Paint these spots this color. Paint those spots that color. Splash a few random stones/spots with this other color. Dry brush and/or wash over it all with this color. It doesn't take much of an artistic streak to be a paint-bot.

Thanks!
Jeez. I wish.

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est[/quote]
WeaselWarGod

Vegomatic
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Vegomatic » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:51 am

DFSuzy wrote:Well ... I can try to get formulas for you, but I would say that if you were willing to buy these unpainted, you probably already have an artistic streak in you, whether you realize that or not. You might paint a piece and say to yourself: "Self, I really think this would look cooler with little different color for that," and there is nothing wrong with that. This is your City. Make it your own!

:D

Happy painting! I hope you can get to it before next winter!

Suzy
Thanks, but it really isn't going to be worth the effort to get the recipe for me. When I asked this morning, I thought I would have several opportunities to paint in the next few weeks. Some things came up today that will take much time over the next few months so I probably won't have time to sit and paint until late spring... and we have several large outside projects that will take precedence in the warm weather... hence picking it up next fall/winter. Several weeks ago I ordered the new colors and it will be well after they arrive that I will have time to sit and paint.

Buying unpainted sets and paints allowed me to buy more (unpainted village was about the same price as a painted hamlet). From my perspective this is like a paint by number kit. Paint these spots this color. Paint those spots that color. Splash a few random stones/spots with this other color. Dry brush and/or wash over it all with this color. It doesn't take much of an artistic streak to be a paint-bot.

As always, I appreciate the comments and the assistance! :D

Thanks!

GODofwar
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GODofwar » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:46 am

DFSuzy wrote:
dungeonmastermark wrote:S

The City Builder presales and GenCon sales will ship beginning February 1st. If you ordered coins, but did not receive them, please email me at dwarvenforgeorders@gmail.com and I will get this fixed for you.
Suzy
Suzy, don't the coins got during the KS III arrive with KS III? Or were you referring to sales of coins after KS III ended?

The Least Weasel
Totus KS Delendum Est
WeaselWarGod